Charles Stanley. Do you know that name? Charles Stanley has impacted my Christian Walk tremendously. I read his InTouch devotion every morning and often watch his weekly sermon message on TV. This last week, I read some of his words about Thanksgiving:
- Gratitude keeps us continually aware that the Lord is close by.
- Gratitude motivates us to look for His purpose in our circumstance.
- Thanksgiving helps bring our will into submission to God.
- Thanksgiving reminds us of our continual reliance upon the Lord.
- Thankfulness is an essential ingredient for joy.
- A grateful attitude strengthens our witness to unbelievers.
- Thanking God focuses our attention on Him rather than on our circumstances.
- When we’re wearied by our circumstances, thanksgiving energizes us.
- Gratitude transforms anxiety into peace that passes all understanding.
Here is a link to an incredibly important reminder to thank our Father God.