In the previous post, I spoke to losses I have suffered the last few years. I think healing involves letting go of those losses and looking forward to the next chapter.
When we moved from Iowa, our home of 30 years, I quite often framed it by calling our move to Kansas as Our Great Adventure. I think this was healthy and I believe it helped me. When, however, I had the 1>>2>>3 punch of my cancer diagnoses, it became too much. In the midst of my personal crises, I became physically and emotionally over-burdened. I won’t say I forgot my Lord, but I didn’t feel His comfort and nearness as I expected. When anxiety gets her hands on you, it is tough.
Some things I am finding helpful:
- Ecclesiastes 3>>There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.
- Meditating on the notion that letting go means I have to get to a point where if I live that is fine, but if I die, that is okay too. I am sealed by the Holy Spirit for eternity.
- Practicing the Inner Smile. http://www.universal-tao.com/article/smile.html
- Practicing Healing Sounds. http://www.universal-tao.com/article/smile.html
- Meditating on the notion that it is not enough to displace the negative; you must fill the space with the positive.
More on each one of these points in upcoming blog posts.